Health & Recreation
24 Hour Fitness Membership
We have teamed up with 24 Hour Fitness to offer day passes during your stay. It is truly a first class facility including a lap pool, cardio equipment, free weights, and classes to meet all of your fitness requirements. The class schedule is posted online each week for the Portland Downtown (5th Ave) location, 1/2 block from our hotel. For more information click here, click find a club, choose Portland downtown (4th Avenue), choose club tour.
- Portland Breweries: With more than twenty-eight breweries, it is no wonder that Portland is nicknamed Beervana. Visit any of our wonderful local breweries, many within walking distance or a short drive from Hotel Modera, and sample some beer!
- Portland Distilleries: Oregon has over a dozen distilleries, with eight located in the Portland area. In Southeast Portland, near downtown, and not far from Hotel Modera, is an area affectionately known as “distillery row.”
- Wineries: Just a forty-five-minute drive from downtown Portland, is the Willamette Valley where a plethora of wineries are located in a gorgeous landscape. Home to many great wines, including the well-known Oregon Pinot Noir, visiting Willamette Valley is a great afternoon activity.
- Bike Rentals: Portland is famous for its biking culture, as well as wide bike-lanes, and bike-friendly locations. There are plenty of bike shops in Portland that rent bikes for an inexpensive fee, a great way to explore our wonderful city.
- The Gorge: Just a little over an hour drive from Hotel Modera is the Columbia River Gorge, an amazing river canyon cutting the only sea-level route through the Cascade Mountain Range, that is eighty miles long and up to 4,000 feet deep. For a gorgeous driving tour of the Gorge, you can drive the Historic Columbia River Highway Scenic Byway.
- Hiking: Oregon has wonderful hiking trails, whether it be short hikes through Portland-area parks, or a long, scenic hike in the mountains. Plenty of trails are located within an hour of Hotel Modera, making for a perfect afternoon recreational activity.
- Mt. Hood & Winter Sports: Year-round recreation is available in the Mt. Hood area. Besides winter skiing and snowsports, there is hiking, biking, and watersports available. Mt. Hood is located just an hour outside of Portland, and open during all seasons.
- Oregon Coast: Oregon’s nearly 363 miles of pristine, public coastline includes many quaint towns with great shopping and legendary seafood, historic lighthouses, viewpoints, state parks, many galleries and museums, and a world class aquarium.
- Washington Park: With over 400 acres of trees, gardens, attractions and playgrounds and fifteen miles of trails, this is an oasis of green space just minutes from Hotel Modera. Home to the Oregon Zoo, World Forestry Center, among others, Washington Park has plenty of attractions to offer.
- Hoyt Arboretum: Founded in 1928 to conserve endangered species and educate the community, Hoyt Arboretum encompasses 187 ridge-top acres, accessible by trails covering twelve miles. A wonderful place that can be enjoyed by everyone, the Arboretum is easily accessible from anywhere in the metropolitan area, by car, bus, or the MAX light rail.
- Oregon Zoo: The Oregon Zoo is home to animals from all corners of the world, including Asian elephants, Peruvian penguins, and Arctic polar bears. From the mist-filled Africa Rain Forest to the majestic Great Northwest exhibits, the zoo offers awe-inspiring exhibits that will appeal to everyone.